Malaysia ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2018
Available in: English
The Malaysian government has been extremely influential in the development of Malaysia’s ICT sector. In the 1990s, Malaysia launched the MSC Malaysia initiative in which it was envisioned that the ICT sector would play a pivotal role in transforming the country into a developed economy by 2020. As a result, Malaysia has enacted policies that have led to the rise of a mature telecommunications infrastructure with high broadband penetration relative to that in most of its ASEAN counterparts. Also, e-commerce has been booming in Malaysia thanks to the supportive policy environment and the advanced infrastructure. This, in turn, is providing significant business opportunities for players in the postal and courier services subsector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: