Malaysia ICT Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of digital technology for daily activities not only in the “new normal” but also for the future. For households, better broadband connectivity became vital for working and studying from home, as well as for entertainment and e-shopping. For SMEs and companies, online presence and the availability of digital infrastructure enabling remote working has become critical. This has in turn spurred demand for software products and services. E-commerce has received a substantial boost at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has aided the growth of the courier services subsegment. The broadcasting subsector has embracing the over-the-top (OTT) platform as consumption patterns have changed.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: