Malaysia Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2019
Available in: English
The Malaysian insurance sector is unique in the ASEAN region as takaful operators – which provide insurance consistent with shariah principles – compete directly with conventional insurers in the market. Despite the relatively high level of development of the insurance sector, insurance penetration and density in Malaysia is low compared with that of more developed countries. As of 2017, only approximately 34% of Malaysians are insurance policyholders, and a significant proportion of these policyholders are also underinsured. The government and the insurance sector both aim to considerably raise insurance penetration, and policies have been put in place to facilitate growth in the sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: