Malaysia Insurance Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
Malaysia is a global Islamic finance leader. Thus, in Malaysia, takaful operators, which provide insurance contracts modified to be compliant with Shariah principles, compete directly with conventional insurers. The first modern insurance company was established in Malaysia in the early 20th century. However, insurance penetration in the country is significantly lower than the global average; for instance, in 2018, general insurance penetration was only 1.2% of GDP compared with a global average of 3.0%, and only approximately 54% of Malaysians were life insurance policyholders. The Malaysian government has therefore endeavoured to create an environment conducive to increasing insurance penetration.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Malaysia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: