Malaysia Oil and Gas Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2021
Available in: English
Petronas, Malaysia’s national oil and natural gas company holds exclusive ownership rights to all oil and natural gas exploration and production projects in the country. Petronas dominates the upstream sector, where it enters into production-sharing agreements (PSCs) with other local and foreign companies to explore and develop Malaysia’s oil and gas resources. According to Rystad Energy’s production estimates reported by US Energy Information Administration (EIA), ExxonMobil, Shell, and ConocoPhillips are the major international oil companies producing the most oil in Malaysia. New opportunities for investment have attracted other foreign oil companies such as Repsol (Spain), Pertamina (Indonesia), PetroVietnam (Vietnam), and JX Nippon Oil and Gas (Japan). Petronas also dominates the downstream sector even though other regional and international players have significant presence in Malaysia. Foreign players in the domestic fuel retail business include Shell, Chevron and Petron.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Malaysia
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: