Malaysia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2021/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
Malaysia has one of the ASEAN region’s most developed pharmaceuticals and healthcare sectors. Malaysia has a two-tiered system in which the government, under the Ministry of Health, operates healthcare facilities and regulates medical practice in private facilities. Malaysia’s leading private hospitals are well-equipped and well-staffed, giving Malaysians access to the full range of specialist care services, and attracting a growing number of medical tourists to the country. Malaysia is a significant exporter of medical supplies, especially for medical and surgical gloves in which Malaysia has a commanding global market share. Malaysia is a net importer of medicines but is gradually growing its profile as an exporter in the niche halal pharmaceuticals segment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: