Malaysia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2022-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2022
Available in: English
Malaysia has a highly developed pharmaceuticals and healthcare sector. Malaysia’s healthcare system is two-tiered. The Ministry of Health (“MoH”) provides comprehensive, taxpayer-funded healthcare services for Malaysian citizens. Meanwhile, Malaysians and foreign residents seeking expedited access to healthcare can access paid, privately-run healthcare facilities operated by for-profit companies. Malaysia is a leading global exporter of rubber-based medical consumables, including surgical gloves, condoms, and catheters. Nevertheless, Malaysia remains dependent on imported medical supplies. Malaysia is similarly reliant on imported drugs, but domestic producers are growing their capabilities in the niche halal pharmaceuticals segment.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: