Malaysia Real Estate and Construction Sector 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: November 2017
Available in: English
With a population of some 31.9mn, Malaysia is one of the more developed countries in the ASEAN region. In 2016 the construction and real estate sector collectively employed 1.3mn people, accounting for 9.4% of total employment. That same year, construction gross value added (GVA) was MYR 59.8bn, while real estate GVA was MYR 18.5bn. The Malaysian government remains the key driver in the construction sector through its infrastructure programme, while the private sector continues to lead the residential, commercial, and industrial property subsectors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: