Malaysia Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
Tourism and leisure contributed MYR 84.1bn (5.9% of GDP) directly to Malaysia’s economy in 2018, making it a priority sector for the government which has allocated a single ministry – the Ministry of Tourism and Culture (“MOTAC”) – to coordinate policy for this sector. Malaysia’s favourable location in the ASEAN region, a short flight away from China and India, makes it a prime destination for tourists from these large countries who share cultural and historical links with Malaysia. Chinese tourists, in particular, are currently the primary driver of growth in the tourism and leisure sector, and tourist arrivals from China grew at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2013 to 2018 even as Chinese tourists spent more per trip than any other major source of tourist arrivals.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: