Malaysia Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2020-2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
The tourism and leisure sector is and will be a one of the top contributors to Malaysia’s economy in years to come, putting the onus on the government to invest heavily in the sector. Malaysia’s location makes it a favourable destination for tourists not only in the ASEAN region but from other countries in Asia, such as China, India, and Japan. China and India share a historical and cultural link to the country, but Chinese travellers are the primary targets of Malaysia’s tourism sector. The government is also focusing on ‘high yield’ tourists from the UK, Germany, India, and ASEAN region. In 2019, China and Indonesia were the two countries that registered a 5–10% growth in arrivals into Malaysia, as against de-growth in arrivals from the three other main markets, including Singapore.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Malaysia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Malaysia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Malaysia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Malaysia
- Ascertain Malaysia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Malaysia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: