Southeast Asia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2021/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
The SEA region has had an admirable record in improving its record against infectious diseases over the nearly three decades from 1990 to 2019. The region’s rapid economic growth relative to the rest of the world has contributed to better funding for public health systems, resulting in a converging of disability-adjusted life years (“DALYs”) within the region. Economic growth has also improved living conditions for many citizens throughout the SEA region, thereby reducing the incidence and prevalence of communicable diseases linked to unhygienic living conditions such as tuberculosis (“TB”) and malaria. Despite these improvements, the SEA region still suffers from a disproportionate burden of some communicable diseases. Notably, the region accounts for most of the global burden of Japanese encephalitis, leprosy, and dengue fever. Poverty rates remain stubbornly high in some pockets of the SEA region, particularly in rural areas where most people are still dependent on subsistence agriculture.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Southeast Asia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Southeast Asia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Southeast Asia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Southeast Asia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Southeast Asia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: