Africa Telecommunications Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
The year 2020 saw countries going into lockdown as a result of COVID-19. The telecom sector became an anchor for economic activities to continue as learners, workers and all non-essential operations needed to be conducted from home. Switching to online classes and working from home, however, has been a real challenge for African countries, where are home to a third of the world’s population without internet. Of the 3.2bn people who don’t have access to the internet, 871mn live in Africa, according to a report by Visual Capitalist and DataReportal published in August 2020. For Africa, it is important to take into account the various challenges the industry faces, such as access to electricity, lack of well-developed digital infrastructure and regulations, as well as the ability of the population to use digital solutions, where they are available.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the telecommunications sector for Africa. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the telecommunications sector in Africa
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on revenue, consumption and infrastructure for the sector in Africa
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Africa
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Africa
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile, fixed line, internet, and pay TV).
See below for a complete table of report contents: