Latin America Automotive Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2020
Available in: English
The year 2019 was a challenging one for the global automotive industry, which reported a 5.2% y/y decrease in motor vehicle output, ending ten years of continuous growth. On the one hand, key markets reached maximum automobile saturation – also deemed “peak car”. On the other, the industry is facing mounting constraints from the supply side, as more stringent environmental regulations and trade tensions are forcing carmakers to reinvent their business models. Additional challenges come from the demand side, where changing mobility trends among younger generations (e.g. the growing popularity of ride-hailing apps and new mobility services, from electric scooters to car-sharing options) are weakening vehicle demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Latin America. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Latin America
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Latin America
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Latin America
- Ascertain Latin America’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Latin America
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: