Latin America Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
Although the global pharma & healthcare sector is dominated by large multinational companies, mainly from the developed countries, Latin America has been quickly catching up in building a domestic pharmaceutical production base and expanding the access of the population to innovative medical treatment and quality health services. This was propelled by active government policies directed towards scientific knowledge generation and technology adoption, alignment of the regulation with the best international practices, and infrastructure enhancements in all stages of the healthcare process – from prevention and treatment to rehabilitation and palliative care. Private capitals also played a role, supported by the opening of the pharma and healthcare markets to foreign investors in most countries and the liberalisation of foreign trade in raw inputs, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. From the demand side, the ageing of the population and the rapid shift towards the epidemiological profile of developed countries have resulted in an increasing demand for complex medical treatment, innovative drugs and vaccines.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Latin America . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Latin America
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Latin America
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Latin America
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Latin America
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: