Latin America Renewable Energy Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2021
Available in: English
Latin America* is betting big on renewable energy. Between 2015 and 2020, the region’s renewable energy (RE) capacity expanded by a cumulative 33% (65 GW) to reach 261 GW in the final year of that period, according to data provided by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA). This growth has helped the region significantly boost the share of renewables in its power mix, with the sector contributing 83% to the total power generating capacity in Latin America, 78% in Columbia, 53% in Chile and about a third in Mexico and Argentina, according to 2020 data. Still, the pace of expansion has been lagging most regions in the world costing Latin America its position on the global scene – while in 2015 the region accounted for 10.6% of the world’s RE capacity, that share fell to 9.3% in 2020.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Latin America. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Latin America
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Latin America
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Latin America
- Ascertain Latin America’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Latin America
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: