Peru Agriculture Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2017
Available in: English
Between 2010 and 2012, the production value of the agriculture, livestock and fisheries sector expanded at a CAGR of 5.7%. Thereafter, growth dropped to an annual average rate of 1.5% between 2013 and 2015. According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation (MINAGRI), the development of the sector was hampered mainly by the slowdown of international trade in the country’s main agriculture export products, in both volume and price terms, coupled with adverse weather conditions that reduced the yield of some crops, as well as by a high incidence of pests and diseases affecting crops and livestock. Nevertheless, the agriculture, livestock and fisheries sector continued to be one of the pillars of the Peruvian economy in 2015, with shares of 6.9% in the country’s GDP and 13% in national exports, and a trade surplus of USD 1.9bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Peru. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Peru
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Peru
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Peru’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Peru
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: email@example.com