Peru Consumer Goods & Retail Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2017
Available in: English
Peru is the sixth largest economy in South America in terms of nominal GDP, as well as an emergingconsumer market with a population of over 31.5mn people as of December 2016. During 2011–2016, thetrade sector performed well with gross value added expanding at a CAGR of 4.2%, slightly below GDPgrowth for the same period at 4.3% and reaching 11.1% share of the country’s GDP in 2016. Tradeactivity remains concentrated in the supermarket channel, which accounted for 42.1% of total retailsales in 2016, followed by specialised stores (31.8%), shopping centres (18.6%), and online retail (7.5%),as per EMIS Insights estimates. In line with global trends, online retail was the most dynamic channelduring 2011–2016, its sales expanding eight times in real terms.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for Peru. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Peru
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Peru
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Peru
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Peru
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: