Peru Metal Processing Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
Peru is a relevant regional player in the production of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. In 2017, the country was the third-largest producer of long steel in South America, with a 9.7% share in regional output, the fourth-biggest crude steel manufacturer with a 2.6% share, and the fifth flat steelmaker with a 0.3% share. Metal processing is among the major generators of foreign currency for Peru, accounting for 8.3% of national exports in 2017. The rebound of international metal prices in 2017 supported the development of the domestic metal processing sector. During the year, the production volume of key metals, such as long steel, refined copper, gold and tin, returned to growth, while sector’s exports surged by 21.8% to USD 3.7bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for Peru. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in Peru
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in Peru
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Peru
- Ascertain Peru’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Peru
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: