Peru Mining Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2016
Available in: English
Peru is a key global player in the production of metallic minerals. In 2015, the country was the world’s second-largest silver mine producer, with a share of 14.9% of global output, the third-biggest zinc and copper producer (shares of 10.6% and 9.0%, respectively), the fourth-largest tin and lead manufacturer (shares of 7.3% and 6.7%) and the sixth-biggest gold miner (4.8%). In 2015, mining was the third-largest economic sector in Peru, accounting for 7.4% of the country’s GDP, for 4.2% of total employment and for 56.7% of national exports. However, over the period 2010-2015, mining exports declined in value by on average 3%, given that international metal commodity prices were in the negative phase of their cycle. On the other hand, exports rose significantly in volume terms – by a cumulative 36.4% over the period, resulting in a strong expansion of domestic mining production at a CAGR of 15.8%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Peru. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Peru
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Peru
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Peru
- Ascertain Peru’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Peru
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: