Peru Mining Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2019
Available in: English
Peru is one of the leading global players in the production of metallic minerals. In 2018, the country ranked second in the world in terms of mine output of silver, copper and zinc, with global shares of 15.2%, 11.6% and 11.3%, respectively. Moreover, it was third-biggest lead producer (with a 6.6% share), and the fourth-largest molybdenum and tin producer (with shares of 9.3% and 6.0%). In the period 2013-2018, the sector was affected by volatility in international metal commodity prices, which limited revenue growth from mining exports to a 3.4% CAGR, while export volume rose at a significantly higher average annual rate of 4.5%, and domestic output’s performance was strongest of all – it increased at a CAGR of 6.4%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Peru. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Peru
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Peru
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Peru
- Ascertain Peru’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Peru
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: