Peru Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
Peru is a comparatively small pharmaceutical market in Latin America (ranking eighth in terms of sales volume in 2018), with a relatively young and growing population. However, public health spending is growing at a rapid pace, particularly in state-run health insurance schemes, as the government is committed to reach universal health coverage in 2020. Patented drugs are the second largest segment in the pharmaceutical market (after generics) but are set to gain importance in the coming years, favoured by a tight intellectual property regime, lack of drug price caps, and rising incidence of non-communicable diseases. The local pharmaceutical industry remains focused on the production of generic and OTC drugs, resulting in chronic trade deficits in pharmaceuticals. In 2018, the trade gap reached USD 817mn, as Peru covered 47.3% of its domestic demand with imported drugs.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Latin America . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Latin America
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Latin America
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Latin America
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Latin America
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: