Philippines ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2018
Available in: English
While the Philippines has a well-deserved international reputation for its prowess in providing outsourced ICT services, the remainder of the ICT sector in the country remains at an early stage of development when compared with that in many other ASEAN countries. This is, in part, due to the archipelagic topography of the Philippines which has made it extremely expensive for firms to achieve economies of scale. Thus, there are significant barriers to new entrants which has made the markets of several subsectors oligopolistic in nature. Further, the Philippines’ tumultuous political history has led the country to have an inefficient regulatory environment. This has resulted in an overly concentrated ICT sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in the Philippines
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: