Philippines ICT Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
The mobile telephony subsector is set to undergo a big change, as the current duopoly of PLDT Inc and Globe Telecom Inc will be challenged by the entry of a third player, DITO Telecommunity Corp. On the back of this development, this subsector has seen high capital investment by incumbents which will result in improved network quality, reliability and speed. While the topography of Philippines makes setting up of fixed infrastructure particularly expensive, government initiatives – coupled with the expansion plans of private sector players such as Convergence ICT – bode well for this segment, which is currently underpenetrated. The country’s biggest media group, ABS-CBN, faces the threat of closure as a result of a legal challenge on the grounds of violations allegedly capable of severely curtailing competition within the broadcasting sector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in the Philippines
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: