Philippines Real Estate and Construction Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
The GVAs of the Philippines’ real estate and construction sectors grew steadily between 2013 and 2017, reaching PHP 1,941bn for Construction and PHP 2,085bn for Real Estate and Other Business Activities in the latter year. The good performance of these sectors was mostly the result of healthy domestic demand for residential and office space, alongside government-backed infrastructure development programmes. A combination of relatively low property prices and growing incomes, parallel to urbanisation and a rise in modern lifestyles centred on nuclear families, has driven demand in the housing segment. The office segment has been pushed forward by the rapid development of IT-BPO* activities in the country, and by booming tourism, which needs more shopping malls, gaming centres, and entertainment facilities to maintain its positive trajectory. IT-BPO and tourism are expected to be the major drivers of real estate growth for the foreseeable future.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in the Philippines
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: