Philippines Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2018
Available in: English
The Philippines’ tourism sector made up 8.6% of the country’s GDP in 2016. The sector’s value added grew by 12.3% y/y, contributing some PHP 1.24tn GVA in the same year, according to figures of the Department of Tourism (DOT). Tourism revenue amounted to PHP 2.42tn in 2016, up by 20% y/y. With its 5.97mn visitor arrivals, the inbound tourism contributed 8% to the Philippines’ exports during the year. Domestic travellers were 79.3mn in 2016, up by 16% y/y. The sector employed 5.22mn people, accounting for 12.8% of the total employment in the country. Out of these, hotel workers numbered
1.8mn, equivalent to 33.6% of the total employment in tourism for the year.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in the Philippines
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: