Philippines Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
The Philippines’ tourism sector has been the focus of President Rodrigo Duterte’s Government as one of the key sectors of economic development. Government intentions are visible in various tourism development plans, infrastructure development plans and liberalisation policies. The National Tourism Development Plan 2016-22 has so far been touted as successful for the industry that is still underdeveloped when it comes to attracting international tourists. The country lags in terms of tourist arrivals when compared with four of the 10 member ASEAN bloc countries: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia. The archipelago welcomed 8.2mn tourists in 2019, mostly from traditionally strong South Korea and China.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for the Philippines. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in the Philippines
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in the Philippines
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Philippines
- Ascertain the Philippines’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Philippines
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: