Poland Agriculture Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2017
Available in: English
Agriculture generates slightly over 2% of Poland’s GDP and provides employment for a sixth of the workforce. The gross value added (GVA) of the Polish agricultural sector totalled PLN 41.59bn in 2016, edging up 0.2% from 2015. The sector employed 2.4 million people in 2015, the vast majority of them self-employed farmers. The sector is highly fragmented, with 75% of the farms having 10 ha or less. Farms over 10 ha, however, hold 72% of the country’s agricultural land. Poland is the European Union’slargest producer of apples and its third-largest producer of cereals. It is in the top three in production of carrots, sugar beets, sweet lupins and dry pulses, as well as poultry. Cereals production in the country increased by 8% in 2016, according to initial estimates. The growth reversed a 12% drop in 2015, when an extreme drought in the summer months damaged crops.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: