Poland Agriculture Sector Report 2019-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
Poland is one of the major producers of agricultural commodities in the EU. The country was the leading producer of apples and poultry meat, ranking second in terms of potatoes, third in cereals and fourth in pork. The sector has significant importance for the Polish economy. It accounted for 2.2% of the country’s GDP and provided employment for around 14.5% of the total workforce in 2017. Moreover, in that year agriculture was one of the driving forces of the economy - its GVA grew by 5.2% y/y outperforming the overall GDP growth of 4.8%. The sector is also one of the largest generators of foreign currency, as the country is a net exporter of food and agricultural products. In 2018, agri-food exports reached a record value of EUR 29.3bn, up from EUR 5.2bn in 2004, when Poland joined the EU. The trade surplus also hit a record level of EUR 9.6bn that year.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: