Poland Coal Mining Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
The coal mining sector accounted for around 1% of both Poland's GDP and the total employment in the country in 2017. The sector's importance for the Polish economy - tremendous during the communist regime and in the first years after the start of economic transformations in 1989 - is still considerable. Poland is the largest hard coal producer in the EU and the ninth largest in the world. In terms of lignite production, it is the second largest player in the EU and the fourth largest globally. The coal mining sector provides fuel for the production of electrical energy and for the steel industry, which, in turn, impact virtually all market sectors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the coal mining sector for Poland . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the coal mining sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on reserves, production, consumption and sales for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. brown, lignite and anthracite).
See below for a complete table of report contents: