Poland Construction Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
The gross value added (GVA) of the Polish construction sector constituted 6.4% of GDP in 2016. Specialised construction activities accounted for 42.6% of the total construction output, followed by construction of buildings (33.2%) and civil engineering works (24.2%). In 2016 the Polish construction sector provided jobs to 879,300 persons, accounting for around 6% of the total employment in the country. The sector is one of the beneficiaries of EU funds in all of the Polish economy with around EUR 20bn envisioned for environmental and infrastructure development from the EU. However, delays in use of EU funds in the field of infrastructure led to a fall in the 2016 construction output. According to preliminary data by the Statistics Office, in 2017 the negative tendency was reversed and the sales value rose by 12.1% y/y. The main driving force of the growth in the sector was the accelerated utilisation of EU funds, which resulted in a 16.7% y/y growth in the value of civil engineering projects.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering).
See below for a complete table of report contents: