Poland Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2018
Available in: English
The importance of the retail sector for the Polish economy is tremendous. The sector employs around 18% of the country's workforce and in 2017 the value of retail sales was equal to over 40% of Poland's GDP. The sector is becoming more and more mature and new entrants are seen primarily in the clothing segment. The retail sales of companies employing over nine persons increased by 6.7% y/y to PLN 805.7bn at current prices in 2017, after growing by 4.6% y/y in 2016. The growth of retail sales in the entire sector including enterprises employing nine or fewer persons amounted to 4.9% y/y in 2017 at constant prices, compared with 6.2% in 2016. As for enterprises employing more than nine persons, the segments that reported the most dynamic growth were textile, clothing and footwear retail sales (up by 12.8% y/y), pharmaceuticals and cosmetics sales (up by 12.7% y/y) and liquid, solid and gaseous fuel sales (up by 12.2% y/y). Other sales in non-specialised shops (i.e. supermarkets and hypermarkets) rose below the average - by 5.4% y/y. Retail sales per capita amounted to PLN 20,971 (in current prices) in 2017, up from PLN 19,372 in 2016 and compared to PLN 15,295 in 2010.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for [country name]. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in [country name]
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in [country name]
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in [country name]
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in [country name]
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: