Poland Electric Power Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
In 2017 Poland preserved its position as the sixth largest electricity producer in the EU. The electric power sector has a major economic and social impact on the Polish economy. It generated revenue of PLN 132.6bn in 2017, which was equivalent to 6.7% of the country's GDP. During the year, the electricity generation rose by 2% y/y to 165.9 TWh, falling below the growth in consumption (2.1% y/y). As a result, for the second consecutive year, Poland relied on imports to meet its domestic electricity demand. In recent years, the sector has witnessed a slow, but steady restructuring process, aimed at diversifying energy sources away from coal. This has prompted the development of new renewable energy-based plants in the country. Nevertheless, Poland’s electricity continues to come mainly from coal and lignite-fired units, which accounted for almost 80% of the generation in 2017.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific subsectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org