Poland Food Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
The importance of the food manufacturing industry has always been crucial for the Polish economy's history and this has not changed nowadays: in 2016, the food sector's GVA was 2.7% of Poland’s total GVA and 2.39% of the country’s GDP, similarly to 2015. Overall, food sector output accounted for 11.3% of the country's GDP vs. 11% in 2016. Poland has traditionally been a farming country, but it has recently started to shift its focus to healthier and more high-technology products. In 2011-2017, food manufacturing accounted for a stable 6%-7% share of the overall employment in industry. Poland is the EU’s 6th biggest food producer in terms of output value and the 8th biggest agri-food exporter. It also has the fourth largest agricultural land area in the union. The country is also the top poultry meat and apple producer in the EU.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales)
See below for a complete table of report contents: