Poland Oil and Gas Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2020
Available in: English
Poland’s insignificant oil and modest gas reserves mean that the country is heavily reliant on imports to meet the ever-growing demand. Polish production of crude oil accounted for only 3.5% of demand from refineries in 2019. Domestic production of natural gas covered around a quarter of consumption. This results in a persistent trade deficit in crude oil, natural gas and petroleum products, which reached EUR 12.3bn in 2019. Most of these imports come from Russia (67% of crude oil and 60% of natural gas), which is the reason behind the government’s push to diversify supply and safeguard national energy security. The LNG terminal in Świnoujście has been important in receiving gas shipments from other destinations, such as the US or Norway. Furthermore, with the construction of a new gas pipeline connecting the country with Norway and plans to set up a second LNG terminal in the city of Gdańsk, Poland has the potential to become an important transit hub in the CEE region.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Poland
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: