Poland Renewable Energy Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2021
Available in: English
Poland is still lagging behind its EU peers in terms of the share of electricity generated from renewable energy sources, positioned 22nd of the 27 states, according to Eurostat data for 2019. However, the sector has seen some healthy growth over recent years. This started with the government’s RES Law in 2016, along with efforts to subsidise energy production from renewables (e.g. through RES auctions and green certificates). Currently, the fastest growing segment is solar, though it remains small, accounting for just 1.3% of the electricity generated in Poland in 2020. The largest segment is onshore wind power, which accounted for 10% of the total domestic electricity production that year. However, restrictive legislation means that growth is likely to remain modest, while offshore wind is the government’s new focus, in order to achieve its climate goals.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: