Poland Transportation Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
The strategic location of Poland at the heart of Europe creates vast opportunities for development of the transportation sector. In 2017 the sector accounted for 6% of the country’s GDP, generating 6.5% of all employment in Poland. Moreover, the country is one of the largest transport service providers in the EU, ranking first in terms of international road freight. Poland’s EU accession allowed the sector to receive substantial investments, mainly in construction and modernisation of rail and road infrastructure. Poland’s transport sector is dominated by road, both in terms of industry revenues, as well as freight and passengers carried, followed by rail. Nevertheless, air transport is the most dynamic transport mode, especially with regards to passenger movement. The inland waterway and maritime subsectors have a small share in the overall transport mix, but offer large growth opportunities for investments.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Poland. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Poland
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Poland
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Poland
- Ascertain Poland’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Poland
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: