Romania Agriculture Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2016
Available in: English
Agriculture is one of the backbone sectors of the Romanian economy. It accounts for 5.3% of GDP, but its share in employment is 29.3%. Agriculture is the largest sector in Romania in terms of employment. The monthly gross wages in the sector were over 20% lower than the average in the economy. In 2015, Romania was the eighth-largest player in the EU28 in terms of agricultural output. The country has a strong position in the production of cereals and oilseeds, as well as in sheep rearing. However, its production potential is undermined by low average yields, a direct consequence of the large number of small-scale farms.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: