Romania Construction Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
In 2017, amidst a buoyant economic growth - 6.9% real GDP growth, amongst the highest in EU28 – the construction output started recovering from the 2016 decrease and was up by 3.8% y/y to RON 70.2bn or EUR 15.4bn. Construction gross value added (GVA) constituted 5.9% of the GDP, or RON 50.3bn. The number of people employed in the construction industry reached 370,415. Residential construction was the main driver of growth in the sector, which, boosted by another year of robust consumption, grew by 19.3% y/y to RON 27bn. Civil engineering shrank for a second consecutive year, due to a delay in the start of EU structural and investment funds financing under the current 2014-2020 framework, combined with a decline in public investment as a whole and especially in infrastructure projects.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Romania
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: