Romania Food and Beverage Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2016
Available in: English
Food and beverage manufacturing is the largest manufacturing sector in Romania in terms of value added. It accounts for 5%of the GDP of the country. In 2014 the domestic market for food and beverages contracted by 3.7% y/y in line with a GDP slowdown, but a recovery is expected in 2015, driven by a relaxation of fiscal policy that has resulted in lower food prices and increased purchasing power for households. The sector is dominated by baked products, meat processing and dairy manufacturing, reflecting the consumption habits of households and the production capabilities of the country. Romania is a leading world wine producer, while beer consumption in thecountryranksit8th in Europe.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Romania. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Romania
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Romania
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Romania
- Ascertain Romania’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Romania
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: