EMIS Insigths - Russia ICT Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
Serving a population of nearly 147mn, Russia’s ICT market ranks as one of the largest in the world, offering telecommunication companies significant potential for growth. The Russian ICT market is highly centralised and dominated by the country’s largest cities of Moscow and St Petersburg, where the main economic and administrative centres are located. Following a process of privatisation, the sector and all its subsectors have been liberalised and have to a large extent reached saturation. This, alongside the economic recession in 2015-2016, contributed to a decline in the sector’s revenue of 0.7% y/y in 2016, the first decline in over a decade. The main driver behind the sector’s development remains the mobile subsector that has expanded rapidly, displacing fixed-line.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Russia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: