Russia Agriculture Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
The agriculture sector plays an important role in Russia’s economy, generating nearly 4% of the country’s GDP, employing 9% of the total workforce and accounting for 6% of the total exports. Over the past 15 years, Russia started from being a net importer of grains to emerge as one of the world’s largest grain exporters as a result of strong government support, improving yields and enlarging planted area. In 2016, the country’s overall sown area reached 80mn ha, with grain crops accounting for the bulk, or 60% of the total. Wheat alone, had a 35% share. Crops represented 55% of the country’s agricultural production value in 2016, ahead of the livestock sub-sector which generated the remaining 45%. In terms of type of producers, the sector is dominated by agricultural enterprises that produced 52% of the overall agricultural output in 2016. Households followed with a share of 35%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: