Russia Automotive Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
Russia is home to the fifth largest car market in Europe and the ninth largest in the world. The automotive industry, however, takes less than half percent of the economy and employs just 3% of the manufacturing sector’s workforce. The segment of new passenger cars is dominated by foreign brands with local assembly lines, while domestic brands control the commercial vehicle segment. Russian brands accounted for 22.7% of new car sales in Russia in 2019, while foreign brands assembled or produced in the country took a 60% share, increasing from 50% in 2014. Among the automotive concerns with local production lines are Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, Groupe PSA, Renault, Toyota, Nissan, Volvo, and Hyundai. Chinese auto players—including Great Wall, Haval, Geely, and Chery—have aggressively entered the market lately to grasp market share.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: