Russia Banking Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
With some RUB 94tn in total assets, the penetration of the Russian banking system in the economy translates into a 90.6% share of the GDP. The financial sector generated a gross value added (GVA) equal to 3.7% of the country’s GDP and employed some 2% of the country’s workforce in 2018. Russian banks increased their aggregate lending by 15% y/y to RUB 52.9tn mainly on the back of rising demand for retail loans that grew by 22.4% in 2018. At the same time, the quality of the loan portfolio improved by 100 bps and remains high at 18% in 2018 and the capital adequacy of the system climbed marginally to 12.2%. In 2018, the overall number of credit institutions shrank by 77 on a net basis to 484.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Russia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: