Russia Banking Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
The Russian banking sector’s penetration is among the lowest by global standards and below that of some regional peers. With the share of private non-financial sector loans to GDP standing at 51%, Russia ranks well below the world average of 89% and the 88% average for Europe and Central Asia. With some RUB 96.6tn in total assets, the penetration of the Russian credit institutions in the economy translates into an 88% share of the GDP. The financial sector generated a gross value added (GVA) equivalent to 3.8% of the country’s GDP and provided some 2% of the country’s total employment in 2019. As of September 2020, the total capital adequacy of the system was 12.7%, and problematic and bad loans were 9.5% of the total loans. The average net interest margin came in at 3% and the banking sector’s return on equity (ROE) amounted to 18%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Russia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: