Russia Electric Power Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
The Russian electric power sector is of strategic importance for the government, which controls key assets in the power system. The sector generated 2.6% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and employed 2.4% of the workforce in 2017. Russia is self-sufficient in terms of electricity production and generates positive electricity trade balance, equivalent to approximately 0.5% of the total foreign trade balance. The country relies on thermal power sources to generate most of its electricity. The share of natural gas, coal and oil in the generation mix stood at 64% in 2017. Nuclear and hydropower are also well established, with respective shares of 19% and 17%, leaving a small chunk to renewable energy sources. Russia has an extensive power transmission network, comprising 143,400 km of highvoltage lines.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: