Russia ICT Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2017
Available in: English
The Russian ICT market is the largest in Europe, rendering services to a population of almost 147 million. It is dominated by the western regions of the country, where the main cities and economic centres are located. The sector has undergone a process of privatisation and currently all subsectors have been liberalised. The biggest market is the one of the capital Moscow as Russia is very centralised. Over recent years the ICT sector has remained to a large extent unaffected by theslowdown in the Russian economy that has resulted from the economic sanctions imposed on Russia by western countries following the annexation of Crimea. Total sector output has kept rising, although at a slower pace. Mobile services continued to expand and to dominate, due to the globally observed tendency for subscribers to migrate from fixed-line to mobile services.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: