Russia ICT Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
Russia is home to the largest ICT market in Europe, catering to a population of more than 147mn people. With a penetration rate of almost 160% in the mobile telephony segment and 76% in the mobile broadband segment, the telecoms market is highly saturated and competitive. The Russian ICT market is centralised and dominated by the country’s largest cities of Moscow and St Petersburg, where the main economic and administrative centres are located. There were over 227mn mobile phone users and 110.2mn mobile broadband subscribers as of end-2017. The Russian telecoms sector generated RUB 492.7bn in revenues from the mobile telecommunications segment and RUB 187.3bn from broadband services. Major Russian telecoms operators include MegaFon, MTS, VEON and Tele2.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Russia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: