Russia Insurance Sector Report 2018-2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
The large size of the Russian population offers strong growth opportunities to the insurance companies but the sector remains underdeveloped mainly because of the low income levels in the country and the limited awareness of the benefits of insurance products, especially of life covers. Insurance penetration rates in Russia remain low by global standards, with the overall premium income accounting for just 1.4% of the GDP in 2017, well below the world’s average of 6.13%. The gross value added of financial and insurance activities generated 3.8% of the country’s GDP in 2017. Non-life insurance is the dominant subsector, generating 75% of the total premiums in 2017. Still, the major growth driver in recent years has been the life insurance subsector. In 2017, a total of 194.1mn insurance contracts were signed, 80% of which were voluntary insurance contracts.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Russia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: