Russia Metal Processing Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
Metal processing is the second most important sector for the Russian economy, after the oil and gas industry. It is a key supplier for the automotive, oil and gas, construction and machine-building sectors. It also generates more than 6% of the country’s GDP and 9.6% of its exports. Average employment in the sector in 2014 (the latest available data) was 954,300 – or 2.1% of all employed Russians – while in 2015, the sector hired 158,500 persons (1.7% of all Russians hired in that year) but released 178,200. Russia ranks among the world’s top metal processing and export countries. It is the second-largest primary aluminium producer, ranks fifth in terms of refined copper production and is the largest pig iron exporter.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: