Russia Mining Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: October 2017
Available in: English
Mining is one of Russia’s key industries: in 2016 the “mining and quarrying” sector – a category which in Russian statistics includes oil and gas extraction, as well as mining more narrowly defined – generated 8.5% of the country’s GDP. This sector (which we will generally refer to as “mining”) is also a big contributor to the country’s budget, as it accounts for more than a fifth of the federal government’s revenues. The sector is characterised by low levels of competition, with a fewcompanies controlling the majority of production and sales in any given segment. Western sanctions, low commodity prices and economic recession have impeded the sector’s development in recentyears. The negative effects were partly offset by ruble depreciation, which gave local producers a competitive edge over rivals abroad.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Russia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Russia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Russia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Russia
- Ascertain Russia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Russia
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: